How to Use It
Quick start guide on how to use the Silostop silage protection system
- Ensure silage is well compacted and with as flat as possible top surface. Avoid steep sided piles, a slope of no more than 1:3 is recommended.
- Apply film loosely, do not pull tight, to allow the film to cling to the top surface.
- For Silostop Max and W/B One-Step apply black side down onto the silage surface.
- Take care when walking on the film, especially during application. Seal any seams between silage sheets with Silopatch OB tape.
- Seal the silo with touching rows of Silostop gravel bags around the edges of the silo, along any joins and cross hatched all over the silo with no greater gap than 13 feet.