SILOSTOP® silage protection system
- Ensure silage is well compacted and with as flat as possible top surface.
- Avoid steep sided piles, a slope of no more than 1:3 is recommended.
- Apply film loosely, do not pull tight, to allow the film to cling to the top surface.
- For Silostop®Max and W/B One-Step apply black side down onto the silage surface.
- Take care when walking on the film, especially during application.
- Seal any seams between silage sheets with Silopatch OB tape.
- Protect Silostop® OB film with a Silostop® protective cover.
- Seal the silo with touching rows of Silostop® gravel bags around the edges of the silo, along any joins and cross hatched all over the silo with no greater gap than 4 metres.